AVAILABLE for EMERGENCY SERVICEs request a free estimate

The Most Common Culprits of Home Fire Damage

Every homeowner fears the possibility that their house may catch on fire, and they will lose all of their possessions. The concern for the safety and security of their family members and pets is also an issue when it comes to house fires. Fire and smoke and cause serious damage to your home so homeowners must take precautions to ensure that a fire does not engulf their homes.

One of the best ways that homeowners can prevent a house fire from erupting and destroying everything they care about is to recognize the most common ways that a fire can break out. 

Building on fire

Common Causes of Home Fire Damage

There are a multitude of ways that a home can catch on fire, but several causes are common among those who have suffered house fires and the fire damage that accompanies it. Here are some of the most common causes of house fires in Birmingham, AL:

  • Cooking: One of the top reasons that house fires start is unattended food on a stove or in the oven. Oil splattering out of a pan, food burning in the oven, and other cooking issues often lead to fires in a kitchen which may spread to the rest of the house if not doused immediately.
  • Heating Equipment: While it is a necessity to keep your home nice and warm throughout the winter months, homeowners must be careful with these heating appliances. Fire damage from heating equipment often happens with improperly cleaned chimneys and when heating elements such as portable heaters are kept too close to upholstered furniture, clothing, or mattresses.
  • Electrical Equipment and Appliances: Electrical outlets and the appliances plugged into them may cause fires when they have not been properly serviced by experienced electricians. Electrical fires can be severe and cause incredible damage.
  • Smoking: Smoking cigarettes and cigars is an inherently dangerous activity since there is an open flame at the end of the lit cigarette. It becomes even more severe when an individual falls asleep with a lit cigarette in their hands, especially if that person is in bed or another location with flammable materials.
  • Candles: Although candles can create a romantic or comfortable environment, they may also be the cause of a serious house fire. When candles are left unattended or too close to flammable materials such as clothing or draperies, the candle can quickly catch fire. It is important to blow out all candles before leaving a room or going to bed.
  • Faulty Wiring: Faulty wiring can be a primary cause of electrical fires, especially when it is necessary to unplug one appliance to use another. If fuses trip or blow easily or you notice that your lights dim when you turn on an appliance, you may want to have your wiring checked by a professional electrician.
  • Flammable Liquids: Any type of flammable liquid such as kerosene or gas needs to be kept away from a lit flame. The safest place is usually in the garage.
  • Children: There is a reason that adults tell children not to play with matches, and that is because children are often very curious. They will use a match and light a fire out of simple curiosity, but this fire can cause serious fire damage in settings for both residential and commercial clients.

When one of these or any other reason has caused a house fire, the owners of the home will most certainly need the expert fire damage restoration services of the professionals. Our emergency services team at Extreme Services in Birmingham, AL, can help you get your home restored and renovated back to its pre-fire condition efficiently and effectively.

Why You Need Fire Damage Restoration Services

Those homeowners who have suffered a fire in their house will likely need the fire damage restoration services in Birmingham, AL, of an experienced smoke damage team. At Extreme Services, we have the knowledge, skills, and equipment necessary to provide you the fire damage restoration services you need to help you rebuild and reclaim your home.

Fire damage restoration is, in general, not a project for even the best DIY-er. It takes specialized skills and equipment to properly clean and restores your home fire and smoke damage has affected it. The fire damage restoration team must account for not only the flames themselves but also smoke, soot, and water (from the extinguishing of the fire) damage.

Proper fire and water damage restoration services need to be enlisted to ensure the possibility of mold growth is eliminated and there are no persisting negative effects on the home or your family’s health and safety.

A professional fire damage restoration company will be able to gauge the level of recovery and renovation that needs to be completed and can provide you with the in-depth cleaning services your home will need as well. Many providers of restoration services can also help you with your claims with insurance companies to ensure that the fire does not have life-long financial effects.

Contact Us for Fire Damage Restoration in Alabama

If your home has been ravaged by a fire and you are in need of fire and smoke damage restoration services in Birmingham, AL, call us at Extreme Services. We can provide you with 24/7 emergency services and guarantee a quick emergency response to help you mitigate the problem. When disaster strikes, call us so that we can work to prevent permanent damage or any further damage to your property.

Our team is trained and skilled in fire damage restoration as well as mold growth mitigation services. We have been leading the way in water and fire damage restoration services in Birmingham, AL, since 2011, and we are dedicated to helping clients as you recover from serious incidents in their homes.

We will work with your insurance company to help you pay for the damages, and we offer a free estimate so that you are well aware of what our exceptional restoration or property damage and cleaning services will cost.

When you call Extreme Services in Birmingham, AL, we will respond immediately because we know that every homeowner in the Birmingham area deserves excellent service and timely response. Contact us today to find out more!

Categories: